I'm continuing to think about ways to track saved time. I'm still generating ideas. This is a list that I occasionally return to. Sometimes I add things, sometimes I don't.
Ways to track saved time or to address the issue:
- Make a video of the old way and the new way.
- Analyze time spent on projects leveraging the old way and the new way.
- Survey team members regarding time savings using various methods.
- Capture time savings from changed methods on a periodic (weekly, bi-weekly) basis during the course of the project.
- Ignore the problem and use lower cost resources.
- Ignore the problem and don't use lower cost resources.
- Use project postmortems to discuss the effectiveness to determine the value.
My name is Jonathan Fries. I work for Exadel, Inc. Exadel is a great company, with great people all around the world. I currently lead the Boulder, CO, USA office.