Being creative is a habit.
If it's a habit that's hard for you, never fear. It's simply a matter of developing the habit.
Here are some things you can do to start a habit of creativity:
- Write a blog post
- Tell your kids a story
- Learn to fix something you've never fixed before
- Draw an org chart for your team or company that looks different than what you have today.
- Talk to a friend about a new opportunity
- Start a club or meeting
- Take a class in something you're interested in
- Learn a new language
- Build a website
- Introduce two people who you think could be friends
Sure, some of these are harder or easier than others. But the difference is a matter of degree or scale, not in the fundamental creative act that sits behind them.